Saturday, April 29, 2006

first flower

Yesterday evening I could see a bud straining to break forth and this morning there it was, more full than I would have anticipated. The first flower of the season, the first tulip of spring.

Perhaps it is timely that a tulip, the national flower of Iran, peacefully came forth just as tensions seem to be rising in that part of the world. Whatever happens regarding Iran and its nuclear aspirations at least I can depend on this tulip appearing regularly each year.

Oh! how the world is wasted on man.


For more information ...
go out and smell a flower

4 comments:

C said...

I couldn't agree more on how the world is wasted on man, but I'm hoping to do my best to not allow myself to fall into that category.

The flower is beautiful.

Mr. Big said...

I like to stomp on flowers...

fivespice said...

q.e.d. mr big, "the world is wasted on man".

Mr. Big said...

No, the man wastes the world...and why the fuck not?