Wednesday, August 31, 2005

peek and boo discuss thought & action

Somewhere in this land. Early evening. Peek sits on the edge of a river looking in but then looks skyward.

Peek: Ah! the evening star and the morning star, Venus, a woman to love.

Peek returns to looking into the river but is disturbed by Boo's entrance.


Boo: She's a whore and a bitch! No more, I tell ya!

Peek: Steady on there, easy as she goes!

Boo: Well that's it I tell ya, I'm finished with her.

Peek: The widow's daughter?

Boo: Yes, the very same.

Peek: She does what she wants, when she wants with whom she wants. I thought that was what you liked about her.

Boo: I was a fool if I said that and you said my words would help me cajole her! You were a fool for saying that.

Peek: Now we both know better.

Boo: We are both fools to be sittin' here looking into the muddy river when others are laughing at the inn or lovin' in a barn.

Peek: Yes, we are foolish with our actions if not our thoughts.

Boo: They should be one and the same.

Peek: Exactly, we should only do what we have thought about and think about what we can do.

Boo: You lost me.

Peek: Our actions should be considered, for many people their actions are just reflexive habits. You scratch an itch without thinking about the consequence.

Boo: The widow's daughter could handle an itch I have, I can tell you that.

Peek: And the consequences? Maybe she has stopped itching you scratch because she is clever enough to think about the consequences.

Boo: She might be right but I can't help thinking about her?

Peek: Well you can and that's the second part, don't bother thinking about that which you cannot act upon. It's probably out of your control, think about what is within your control.

Boo: And those things I think about that are within my control, I should do something about those?

Peek: Yes, you're getting the hang of it.

Boo: The widow's daughter is far too smart for me. Why don't we go to the inn?

Peek: You might find a Venus there who thinks your actions and thoughts are just fine, let's go.

Boo: Yes! Let's go!

Two get up and exit.

For more information ...
peek and boo discuss existentialism
peek and boo discuss writing
peek and boo discuss god
peek and boo discuss power

No comments: