Tuesday, September 06, 2005

this week I am drinking


This week I'm drinking a Spanish red, Abrazo 2003. I believe it is made from 100% grenache or garnacha as the Spaniards call it. Drink by itself or enjoy with St.Augur blue cheese or spaghetti and meatballs.

It shows good fruit flavours, is light on tannins and shows some hints of pepper or perhaps slightly earthy tones (may be getting into bullshit territory there). This wines comes from close to Zaragoza where my sister lives and I have to admit to been envious that she probably has much easier and cheaper access to it than I. This light very drinkable wine is still a steal at $CAN11/$AUS12/EURO7.5/UKP5 and has got to be the best value wine I have drank all year!

Abrazo is the Spanish for hug, make sure you hug a bottle of this wine sometime soon!

For more information ...
review

5 comments:

Scott said...

Good God AM. Wine is taking over your life! If you get through it all too quickly you're going to grow tired of it. Two years from now you'll be down to a bottled water review.

"Created using the excess fluid from Pepsi's cola creation process, Aquafina has a clean, if somewhat mechanical flavor. While it lacks the earthy distinction of a Naya or Evian water, the enjoyment / price quotient is still very high."

For more on bottled water read "Water in a bottle, a treatise" by Earman J. Miller.

Scary future eh?

am said...

Wine may be taking over my life.

I always knew I was a drunkard at heart, I am just trying to get some intellectual justification for quaffing all of this vino.

When it comes to water I am a purist, still never sparkling and preferably filtered by the volcanic rocks of the French Auvergne.

Anonymous said...

But you know Jesus, he done a pretty good job of turning water into wine. Thank you JESUS

Anonymous said...

Has a post from "cutie992 dissappeared from here?

am said...

Any "spam" or just plain stupid content will be deleted.

I want to encourage smart dialogue not inane chatter.

Cutie992 was a teenage girl who should get back to her homework.