Friday, September 14, 2007

chocolate gorilla

That old marketing adage, 'you don't sell the sausage, you sell the sizzle', always seems applicable when looking at adverts that seem to capture the imagination without flaunting the product.

In the example below a feeling is created and as with most advertising I don't necessarily want to go out and buy the product but Cadbury's have captured some of my attention. The distinctive purple color is used on the background and I think the contemplative nature of the piece is meant to evoke satisfaction and indulgence offered by the product but chocolate is only illustrated at the start and end.

But a key question remains, do I feel like buying some chocolate or a Phil Collins album? Mmmm, ok! I think I fancy a dairy milk.




For more information ...
cadbury
cadbury on wikipedia
gorilla

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Harks back to the PG Tips ad, doesn't it? "Dad, do you know the pianos on my foot".
I fancy a cuppa actually.

jmnsw said...

if there's a good Phil song it is that one but there is a kinda error in the advert ... there are no cymbals on the record, Phil banned them, honest

am said...

Great catch! A quick search on google produced the following ...

In 1980 he played drums on Peter Gabriel's third solo album and at the singers request left his cymbals at home. The resulting 'in your face' bombastic drum sound was put to good use by Collins on his debut solo single "In The Air Tonight" released in Jan 81, it raced to no.2 in the UK and achieved a top twenty position in the USA.


http://www.drumsoloartist.com/Site/Drummers/Phil_Collins.html

Anonymous said...

Jeez, well spotted. And here was I trying to spot the zip on the monkey suit.

jmnsw said...

ahh google it wrecks everything for us music snobs