Thursday, August 30, 2007

more monkey than monk 2

I have been trying some breathing exercises recently to calm my mind which due to a stressful work situation is more active than ever. The 'monkey mind' is chattering away.

I inhale through my nostrils for a count of 4, then hold for a count of 2, then exhale through my mouth for a count of 4 and dwell in the quite space after exhalation for a count of 2. Repeat 40 times and it usually changes my heart rate by between 10-20 beats per second.

(photo by marc shandro)

These photos are by a good friend in Canada whom I shared great conversations with on the topics of distractions and awareness. I miss my friends in Canada but in some sense because I am thinking of them I still feel connected, if only a little.

(photo by marc shandro)



For more information ...
marc shandros photos
flickr
more monkey than monk

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The distance discourages the deep conversations, yet somehow increases the thoughts of how you're doing. The connection is still there!

-Marc
(Ug, I wanted to edit my first post because I forgot to sign it and now we're saddled with this blemish of a "comment deleted" post... )

am said...

Come back sometime soon for more sense and nonsense!